So how well do you think you know the King? Bestselling author and cultural icon Stephen King, is the undisputed master of the macabre and a literary phenomenon who has sold 350 million books worldwide in over 30 languages.
He is the recipient of numerous awards and distinctions including the National Book Foundation's Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. In 2007 he was the first non-Canadian to be awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Canadian Booksellers Association. King is also certified by the Guinness "Book of World Records" group as having the most number of motion picture adaptations by a living author.
Are you a Stephen King Novice, Constant Reader, or Grand Poobah?
Test your skill level now.
Identify the novel from the characters. Some novels may appear more than once.
1. Annie Wilkes and Paul Sheldon ANSWER
2. Jack Torrence ANSWER
3. Pennywise ANSWER
4. Roland Deschain and Eddie Dean ANSWER
5. Jessie Burlingame ANSWER
6. Randall Flag and Stu Redman ANSWER
7. Tommy Ross and Sue Snell ANSWER
8. Louis Creed and Judd Crandall ANSWER
9. Jack Sawyer and Speedy Parker ANSWER
10. Trisha McFarland ANSWER
Identify the novel from the quotation. Some novels may appear more than once.
1. The soil of a man's heart is stonier [...] A man grows what he can...and he tends it ANSWER
2. Get up, woman. Let's us get in and pray. Let's us pray to Jesus for our woman-weak, wicked, sinning souls ANSWER
3. She was a bad joke, and what Arnie saw in her that day I'll never know ANSWER
4. We all float down here. When you are down here, you'll float too ANSWER
5. They’re in those houses,” Mark said tightly. “Right now, in all those houses. Behind the shades. In beds and closets and cellars. Under the floors. Hiding. ANSWER
6. The world had teeth and it could bite you with them anytime it wanted ANSWER
7. In a small town, the opening of a new store is a big thing ANSWER
8. For the first time...the thought surfaced in Paul Sheldon's mind: I am in trouble here. This woman is not right ANSWER
9. Your hair is winter fire, January embers. My heart burns there, too ANSWER
10. Jessie could hear the back door banging lightly, randomly, in the October breeze blowing around the house ANSWER
If you scored:
18 or higher = Grand Poobah
12-17 = Constant Reader
11 or less = Novice (your journey's just begun!)