Archives for: October 2011, 01
Categories: PHR News
PHR's Thanksgiving Hours
The Prairie History Room's operating hours for the Thanksgiving weekend will be:
Friday, October 7: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
The Prairie History Room will re-open at normal operating hours, 9:30 am to 9:00 pm, on Tuesday, October 11, 2011.
Categories: New Magazines
New Issues of Popular Genealogy Magazines
Family Chronicle, September/October 2011, Vol. 16, No. 1
* "Eastern European Research Made Easier!" by Lisa A. Alzo, pgs. 8-10.
* "Was Your Ancestor a United Empire Loyalist?" by Janice Nickerson, pgs. 20-23.
* "The Case of the Missing Sisters" by Donna J. Pointkouski, pgs. 24-26.
NGS Magazine, July-September 2011, Vol. 37, No. 3
* "Genealogy in the Classroom" by Elizabeth Drembus, pgs. 18-21.
* "Protecting Precious Photographic Memories" by Gordon Lynn-Hufford, pgs. 26-28.
* "Fur Trade Permits Granted in the District of Montreal, 1721-52" by Denyse Beaugrand-Champagne, pgs. 38-41.
Internet Genealogy, August/September 2011, Vol. 6, No. 3
* "Leafing Through History: What Our Ancestors Read" by Diane Dittgen, pgs. 20-21.
* "Need Help Researching Your French Roots?" by Nik Walker, pgs. 31-33.
* "Tracing Your Welsh Roots" by Alan Stewart, pgs. 46-49.
Folklore, Autumn 2011, Vol. 32, No. 4
* "A Continuous Relationship with the Land" by Lee Everts, pgs. 8-11.
* "An Early Country School" by Mabel Whitehouse, pgs. 14-17.
* "Border Bandits" by Therese Lefebvre Prince, pgs. 24-27.
This blog will inform you about the new items added to our collection; recommend some of the best online genealogy resources for you to use; and notify you of any upcoming genealogy and heritage-related workshops and events in the Regina community or around province. So remember to bookmark this page or subscribe to one of the RSS feeds so can you always remain up-to-date. And don't forget, we love to hear what you think so don't be shy about leaving your comments!Get XML feeds whenever this blog is updated!
What are XML feeds?