Archives for: October 2011, 06
Categories: Genealogy/Historical Society News
SGS Seeking a Genealogist in Residence
The Saskatchewan Genealogical Society (SGS) is taking applications for their volunteer Genealogist in Resident position. The individual must demonstrate the following knowledge and experience:
- have done extensive research in Saskatchewan and have high degree of familiarity and experience working with Saskatchewan records
- publish an article for each issue of the Bulletin during his/her term
- be available by appointment on Wednesday nights and/or Saturdays to help people with their genealogical research
- have published work within the last five years
- provide a resume describing their genealogical work
- promote SGS
- be up to date on current genealogical standards, trends & techniques
The deadline for application is October 15, 2011. Applications should be forwarded to:
This blog will inform you about the new items added to our collection; recommend some of the best online genealogy resources for you to use; and notify you of any upcoming genealogy and heritage-related workshops and events in the Regina community or around province. So remember to bookmark this page or subscribe to one of the RSS feeds so can you always remain up-to-date. And don't forget, we love to hear what you think so don't be shy about leaving your comments!Get XML feeds whenever this blog is updated!
What are XML feeds?