Archives for: December 2011, 18
Categories: LAC/CGC News & Updates
New Digitized Content from LAC
Some of Library and Archives Canada's (LAC) vast microforms collection are being digitized for access over the Internet. Here is the list of two newly digitized collections:
Additional digitized microforms are available on the Browse by Title page and include:
Please note that these links do not take you to a fully searchable database meaning that the images are not searchable by keyword. You scroll through the images as if you are scrolling through a microfilm.
Categories: New Books
New U of R History Book
Pisula, James M. Honouring Our Past, Embracing Our Future: Celebrating a Century of Excellence in Education at the University of Regina Campus. Regina, SK: CPRC Press, c2011.
Summary: In honour of the University of Regina’s centennial, CPRC Press published a book featuring a beautiful collection of more than 100 archival and modern photos and accompanying text from contributors Dr. James Pitsula, Dr. Stephen King, Don Hall and University President and Vice-Chancellor Dr. Vianne Timmons.
Categories: New Magazines
New Genealogy Magazines
Families, November 2011, Vol. 50, No. 4
* "Finding Family in the Upper Canada Militia Documents from the War of 1812" by Fred Blair, pgs. 8-10.
* "Indian Warriors in the War of 1812" by Ross W. Irwin, pgs. 11-13.
Internet Genealogy, December/January 2012, Vol. 6, No. 5
* "Cloud Computing and Your Genealogy!" by Tony Bandy, pgs. 7-11. Note: article examines how you store your research project online
* "Places to Find Your Ancestor's Religious Records" by Gena Philibert-Ortega, pgs. 22-25.
* "Online English, Welsh and Scottish Criminal Records" by Alan Stewart, pgs. 38-41.
This blog will inform you about the new items added to our collection; recommend some of the best online genealogy resources for you to use; and notify you of any upcoming genealogy and heritage-related workshops and events in the Regina community or around province. So remember to bookmark this page or subscribe to one of the RSS feeds so can you always remain up-to-date. And don't forget, we love to hear what you think so don't be shy about leaving your comments!Get XML feeds whenever this blog is updated!
What are XML feeds?