Archives for: February 2012, 10
Categories: New Magazines
New Magazine Issues for February
Alberta History, Winter 2012, Vol. 60, No. 1
* "From the Bridge to the Ridge: Lethbridge Volunteers and the Battle for Vimy Ridge" by Brett Clifton, pgs. 2-9.
* "Bow City: the Village Born Unlucky" by Jonathan Koch, pgs. 10-18.
* "Reminiscences of 1885" by Bertie W. Antrobus & William D. Antrobus, pgs. 23-26.
Note: Issue also contains "History Now", January 2012 newsletter of The Historical Society of Alberta
Families, February 2012, Vol. 51, No. 1
* "Changing Gravestone Motifs in Quinte and Beyond" by Peter W. Johnson, pgs. 13-15.
* "Letters Home: Upper Canada to England" by Bill Mills, pgs. 16-20.
* "Hunting for Hidden History: How Slavery Came to the Town of York" by Hilary Dawson, pgs. 26-31.
Internet Genealogy, February/March 2012, Vol. 6, No. 6
* "Genealogy Sources of the American West" by Tony Brandy, pgs. 22-26.
* "Tracking Ancestral Time, Online!" by Lisa A. Alzo, pgs. 31-32.
* "Home Children to Canada: An Introduction" by John D. Reid, pgs. 49-50.
Worth, Winter 2011, Vol. 23, No. 4
* "Maple Creek Mainstreet Program Up & Running" by Joe Ralko, pgs. 5-7.
* "The Moose Jaw Natatorium: a Pool of Memories" by Bernie Crosbie, pgs. 8-9.
* "Form Follows Function: The Saskatchewan Association of Architects Celebrates Its Centennial: Evolution to Modern Scale & Design: 1965 to 2011" pgs. 10-15.
Note: These issues can be borrowed for 1 week. Back issues of most Prairie History Room magazines are kept in the shelf behind the current issue and can also be borrowed for a 1 week loan period.
This blog will inform you about the new items added to our collection; recommend some of the best online genealogy resources for you to use; and notify you of any upcoming genealogy and heritage-related workshops and events in the Regina community or around province. So remember to bookmark this page or subscribe to one of the RSS feeds so can you always remain up-to-date. And don't forget, we love to hear what you think so don't be shy about leaving your comments!Get XML feeds whenever this blog is updated!
What are XML feeds?