WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS DO YOU WANT TO START?
• Sole proprietorship
• Corporation, or
Forms of Business Organization – Canada Business
Forms of Business Organization – Enterprise Saskatchewan
ARE YOU STARTING YOUR BUSINESS FROM SCRATCH?
This is a risky option but it allows the most freedom in terms of how the company will develop. Taking the time to develop a sound business idea is essential. Here are some things you should consider:
• Is your idea original?
• Will people pay for your product or service?
• How do you promote and distribute the product or service?
• What are the benefits & challenges?
Developing Your Ideas
DO YOU WANT TO BUY AN EXISTING BUSINESS?
This option may offer an existing client base and venue, but before proceeding, you must ask yourself a number of questions:
• Why is the business for sale?
• What is the business worth?
Buying a Business – Canada Business
Buying a Business – Enterprise Saskatchewan
WHAT ABOUT A FRANCHISE?
A franchiser can supply a product or service as well as training and other support to a franchisee. Other questions to consider:
• How do I find a franchise to own?
• What are the terms of the franchise contract?
• How do I franchise my existing business?
Canadian Franchise Association
Checklists for Franchisees
STARTING A HOME-BASED BUSINESS?
Is working from home an option for you? Here are some things to consider:
• Do you have a designated work area in your home?
• Do you have all of the necessary permits and licenses?
City of Regina Home-Based Business Zoning Approvals & License Application
Expansion of Your Home-Based Business
Home-Based Business in Saskatchewan