Pokémon GO has officially been released in Canada, and word on the street is that several RPL locations have been designated as official PokéStops.
We're excited to play a part in this unique new augmented-reality game, which allows players to hunt, capture, battle, train and trade virtual Pokémon as they roam throughout the real world. It has captured the attention of millions of people world-wide, and already has a following in Regina.
RPL is planning to join the fun, so please check back for updates. In the meantime, stop in at one of our nine locations throughout the city - you never know what you might find there!
Stay safe when you're on the GO
It's important to keep safety in mind anytime you're online. Below are some basic tips to help your kids (and you!) stay safe while using the Pokémon GO app.
- Be aware and informed of what you are signing on to when you register to play the game. Ensure you are comfortable with sharing your information with the game developer and third-party applications plugged into the game.
- Parents of children under the age of 13 must sign up for an account on behalf of their child.
- Get the details on the Pokémon GO website.
- Be aware of the potential for security risks associated with using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Don't forget to pay attention to your surroundings, and what's going on around you!
- Watch for cars, bikes and other pedestrians.
- Be respectful of others, and their property. Please don't disturb other library patrons at RPL locations, or trespass on private property.
- Even though some of our locations have been designated as PokéStops or Gyms, the library is not responsible for any illegal or unsafe use of the Pokémon GO app.
If you have any concerns about your safety, or your child's security, when playing Pokémon GO, you may want to refrain from using the app.