PressReader delivers an endless stream of top news stories to read, discuss and share. Access full issues of thousands of top newspapers and magazines from around the world and experience them online just as they appear in print!
Regina Public Library (RPL) patrons have FREE UNLIMITED access to PressReader content when accessing this service FROM THE RPL WEBSITE.
- Important Note: Accessing PressReader content directly from the PressReader.com website or through PressReader's mobile app will require extra effort to consume the free content RPL provisions for active library cardholders. We strongly recommend you access PressReader content through the RPL website log in link provided here to ensure the best possible experience.
Everything else you need to know:
Common Functions and Features
PressReader provides two distinct menu options for customizing and enhancing your experience.
Full support for all these features is available from the Press Reader Help Centre.
PressReader Hot Spots
Hot Spots are sponsored access points that allow users free unlimited access to view and download PressReader content.
- You will know you are in a PressReader Hot Spot when the icon displays in the top left area of the PressReader screen (beside the menu).
- All RPL branches are PressReader Hot Spots (ethernet and wifi).
- For a complete list of Hot Spots worldwide, visit the PressReader Hot Spot Map.
- Important Note: You must be connected to a Hot Spot to consume or download content from Press Reader. If you are not connected to a Hot Spot, you will only be able to view downloaded content on the app for up to two days. Once your two days of free remote access has expired, you will need to connect to a Hot Spot to reset your remote access timer.
Registering a Personal Account on PressReader
Create a personal PressReader account to personalize your experience through customized user preferences, keyword searches and title alerts and newsfeed subscriptions. You can also use it to share stories via social media, voice opinions, generating followers and more.
- Please Note: This is an extra step after logging in with your library card (to gain free access to PressReader content) and is completely optional. It will not impede your ability to consume content if you do not create a personal account on PressReader.
- If you would like to register a personal account on PressReader, you must be in a Press Reader Hot Spot.
- To register, click the Sign In button in the top right of the PressReader screen.
- Important: You will be offered numerous choices to sign in. Do NOT sign in using the Library Card option presented. This Library Card sign-in does not apply to RPL library cards. You must use a personal email or social media profile to register a personal PressReader account.
Using the PressReader App
RPL recommends using the web browser version of PressReader that is launched from the RPL website for the best possible experience. Logging in to PressReader from the RPL website functions as a PressReader Hot Spot no matter where you access it from!
NOTE: The PressReader mobile app does not support translation features for content viewed in the app. But the mobile-friendly browser version of PressReader that is launched from the RPL website does.
If you still decide to use the PressReader app, you will need to connect to a PressReader Hot Spot to consume and download free content.
- While connected to a Hot Spot you can consume as much content as you like, but will only be able to access downloaded content from your app once you leave the Hot Spot.
- Downloaded content can be accessed remotely for up to two days once you leave a PressReader Hot Spot.
- After 48 hours, you will be required to re-authenticate your remote access by connecting to a PressReader Hot Spot.
- Important Note: This requirement to re-authenticate may be prefaced by a message that claims you owe money to view materials. You do not. This is simply your cue to re-authenticate your remote access to RPL's sponsored PressReader service and reset your 48 hours of remote access!
- You can re-authenticate by connecting to any PressReader Hot Spot.
Important Note: As a cardholder with RPL, you will never have to pay for consuming PressReader content, whether you are accessing it inside a Hot Spot or remotely via downloaded content on the mobile app. If you receive a message stating your complimentary time is running out, simply reconnect to a PressReader Hot Spot and reset your 48 hours of remote access to the PressReader content you have downloaded on the app.