Regent Place Relocation
Regent Place Relocation Quick Facts (PDF)
- After reviewing the information provided by the Administration, the Regina Public Library Board made the final decision to move locations.
- This decision was based on what is best for Regina Public Library and the community, now and in the future.
- The new Market Mall Branch - which will be located at 331 Albert Street - is almost 30% bigger (the current Branch is 9,000 and the new Branch is 11,500 square feet).
- The landlord is completely renovating the property to install a new structural floor and implement a design that will meet our current and future needs.
- We will be creating a welcoming space that is designed to meet the needs of the community.
- This new Branch will embrace the changes RPL wants to make in all our locations and will build on some of the innovative ideas presented in the new Prince of Wales Branch.
- During redesign we will have a smaller, temporary location in the Market Mall (309 Albert Street). This space is 1,500 square feet (just over 1.5 times the size of the old Prince of Wales).
- We will offer our patrons the following limited services while we are in transition:
- Programming for preschoolers
- Popular Picks
- Browsing collection for all ages
- Small DVD collection
- Hold Pickup
- 24-hour outdoor book drop beside the temporary Branch.
- Our hours of operation and phone numbers will remain the same.
- RPL will have two patron computer work stations as well as wireless Internet service.
- The temporary Branch will have a wheelchair accessible washroom.