48-Hour Filmmaking Challenge
LAUNCH EVENT: FRIDAY, AUGUST 16, 5:30 - 6:00 PM
RPL FILM THEATRE, CENTRAL LIBRARY
FILMS DUE: AUGUST 18, 6:00PM
SCREENING EVENT: MONDAY, AUGUST 26, 6:30 PM
Presented in partnership with Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative
Compete in teams to create the best film with a 48-hour deadline and win a fabulous prize! The 48-Hour Filmmaking Challenge’s launch event will be held on August 16 from 5:30 – 6:00 pm at the Regina Public Library Film Theatre. At the launch, competing teams will receive the line, prop, and sound that they must include in their short films. This ensures that the films were created within the time allotted. The 48-hour timer begins as soon as the launch ends. When the 48 hours are up, teams must submit their completed short films on the Filmfreeway website to qualify for the Screening Event when selected films will be screened and winners announced. If you are not able to attend the launch, qualifying line, prop and sound will be posted on RPL’s website at the time of the launch.
Having trouble uploading your film to Filmfreeway? Contact Wendy Peart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-777-6044.
· This event is open to people of any age.
· Teams must live in Saskatchewan to be eligible for a prize.
· Teams may have up to 5 members maximum.
· The film must be completed within the 48 hours by Sunday, August 18, 6:00 PM and submitted on the website FilmFreeway (submitters must set up an account).
· Films must be 4 – 7 minutes long. Shorter or longer films will be disqualified.
· Films must be PG-appropriate and must not contain nudity, sexual/violent scenes, offensive language, or be discriminatory in any way.
· Please register your team on the RPL’s event listing for 48-Hour Film Making Challenge Submission.
· One member must have a Regina Public Library or Saskatchewan Integrated Libraries (SILS) card, needed to upload film on Filmfreeway. To bypass the fee to upload films on Filmfreeway, use waiver code RPL2019.
· Any team that enters the contest agrees to have their films published on Dunlop Art Gallery’s YouTube account.
· Dunlop Art Gallery reserves the right to select submitted films for the Screening Event.
· Participants whose films have been selected for the Screening Event must submit their film electronically, with a DVD or USB drive upon request.
Gift Certificate Prizes
· First Place - $300.00
· Second Place - $200.00
· Third Place - $100.00
· People’s Choice - $50.00
The Screening Event will be held on August 26, 2019, and selected films from the 48 Hour Filmmaking Challenge will be projected on the big screen at RPL Film Theatre. A panel of judges will decide on the winning films, and the audience will vote on their pick for the People’s Choice Award. This will be a fun-filled night with plenty of great films, great MCs, snacks and beverages. Everyone is welcome! Admission is free and open to all.
Need help getting started? Attend the workshop “Image & Sound: Cinematography and Location Sound Recording Techniques” on Thursday, August 8, 6:30-8:30 PM in the Digital Media Studio at Central Library.