Zinio is the ultimate app for magazine lovers, with digital magazines for iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac & PC. News may break elsewhere - stories live on Zinio.
Always available: no checkout periods, no limit on downloads.
You will need to create two accounts:
A Library Collection account to browse RPL's magazines.
A Zinio Viewer account to read them.
*Already have a personal Zinio Viewer Account? Use the same email when creating your RPL Library Collection account.
Log in to your Library Collecton account and search magazines by title, keyword or genre or browse titles alphabetically.
To check out a magazine:
1. Click on the magazine
2. You will be taken to the magazine's landing page on Zinio. If you have not logged into Zinio you will be asked to log in.
3. Once you have logged in the magazine that you have selected will automatically be checked out to your Zinio account.
4. To get new issues of the magazine, go back to the Library Collection, and click on the magazine.
Read a magazine:
1. Once you've got your magazines by following the previous steps, log in to Zinio.com with your computer, tablet or smartphone's web browser
2. Download titles to a device to read offline
• To read on an offline computer or laptop you will need to install Zinio Reader 4 (for PC or Mac)
• To read offline on a tablet or smartphone download the free Zinio app, available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows devices and Kindle Fire
Zinio requires you to create an account with them once you have logged in with your library card. This account allows Zinio to ensure that you are an active member of Regina Public Library and enables you to keep any number of magazines checked out in your personal collection without charge.
Zinio’s mobile app offers limited functionality and is used solely for reading magazines. Browsing the collection and borrowing new magazines must be done through a browser.
Some magazines will permit printing through a web browser. Printing is not available through the Zinio for Libraries app.
Zinio supports a large number of devices but RPL customers are responsible for ensuring that their particular computer, tablet, smartphone or eReader is compatible with Zinio and should consult the vendor’s documentation. Device and app support from library staff is limited due to the large number of possible devices available.
Full support for all these features is available from the Zinio Help Centre.
If you need to renew your library card or reset your PIN, please contact our staff.
Staff can also provide basic assistance with the service.
Regina Public Library is pleased to provide free access to this third-party service to customers paying taxes to or residing in the City of Regina. Members of other Saskatchewan libraries are not guaranteed access to this service or any other electronic resource to which Regina Public Library subscribes.
Regina Public Library customers are reminded that this is a third-party service over which Regina Public Library has no control so changes may occur without warning and customization is not always possible.