Book Club Rules
Book Club Guidelines
We recommend you elect one club member to check out a Book Club in a Bag kit on behalf of your group.
They'll need a valid Regina Public Library card and will be financially responsible for returning all the pieces with the kit. We've included a sign-out sheet and a checklist in each kit, to help your Club keep track of its contents.
How to Use Book Club in a Bag Kits
- Browse and place holds on Book Club in a Bag kits at your convenience, using the library's online catalogue or from the lists linked to from the left hand menu.
- Place holds on kits up to a year in advance and manage them by suspending and reactivating your holds closer to your Club's meeting schedule.
- Some kits may be in high demand, so we recommend reactivating more than one hold at a time, to ensure at least one of your choices is ready to borrow in time for your Book Club's get-together.
- You'll have seven days to pick up your kit once it becomes available.
- Pick up and return your Book Club in a Bag kits at any RPL location.
- Staff at the Service Desk will help you retrieve your kit.
- Kits must be returned to the Service Desk inside the library.
- Check out up to five kits at a time, for up to six weeks each.
- Make sure your kit is complete, using the checklist provided, before returning it to the library.
- If your group loses a book or part of the guide, you'll be charged a replacement fee for the cost of the item.
- Return your kit on time to avoid overdue fines.
- Fines for Book Club in a Bag kits are $3 per day, and apply to the entire kit as well as its individual pieces.
- Book Club in a Bag kits are not available for pick-up outside of a Regina Public Library location.