One-to-one Resume and Job Coaching
Whether you’re looking for your first job, a better job, or are changing careers, feel free to join our online coaching sessions and meet one-to-one with a volunteer employment coach to receive individual support on:
- Resume and cover letter improvement,
- Interview preparation tips, and
- Career related questions
Online coaching is offered every Tuesday, 3:30 – 5:15 pm and 7:00 – 8:45 pm. Each appointment is 45 minutes long. You will need to book an appointment.
Online Learning Resources
LinkedIn Learning: Learn business, software, technology, and creative skills with online video tutorials taught by recognized industry professionals.
- Bookkeeping: including how to use QuickBooks
- Video editing: including how to use Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effect, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, iMovie etc.
- Graphic design: including how to use Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.
- Web design: including how to use Dreamweaver, CSS, HTML, WordPress, Drupal etc.
Gale: Gale Courses offers a wide range of highly interactive, instructor led online courses that you can take for free with your Library card. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month. Courses cover a broad range of subjects including: Business, Computers, Health, Education, and Personal Enrichment (Photography, Screenwriting, Drawing, etc).
Online Job Boards (External)
- Job Bank: Job Bank is Canada's one-stop job board operated by the Government of Canada.
- Saskjobs: Saskjobs is a government-operated local job search site in Saskatchewan.
- Jooble: Jooble is a vertical job search engine that aggregates and displays job ads from various job boards.
- Indeed: Indeed is one of the largest job search sites in the world.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is mainly a professional networking platform which also allows job seekers to post their resumes and employers to post jobs.