Virtual Student Support
Studying for an exam? Researching a paper? RPL has you covered, with lots of free resources and information to help you with your schoolwork.
To access all this great information, you need a library card. Your parent or guardian, or a teacher, can sign you up for a library card by clicking here, or by phoning our hotline at 306-777-6000 between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm Mondays - Saturdays or 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm on Sundays.
Meanwhile, here are some great sites that can help!
Homework and learning help
- Brainfuse offers study guides and learning activities connected to Saskatchewan curriculum for grades 1 to 12. Students can also submit their writing to receive grammar help. From 3:00 PM to 11:59pm daily, students can connect with a live tutor.
- Britannica School is ideal if you are looking for an online encyclopedia. When you log in, you can pick whether you want to be connected to the elementary, middle or high school version of the encyclopedia.
- Canadian Points of View Reference Centre brings together research on hotly debated issues, and helps you navigate facts from opinions. An added bonus to this resource is that it is Canadian, so it features Canadian laws and issues.
- Mango Languages is a great resource for teens if they are interested in learning a new language or improving their English skills, and there are over 70 languages to choose from. Note: If you are interested in language learning for young children, check out the Little Pim videos available on Kanopy.
Looking for more supports? Check out our list of online products available to access.
RPL's gamified summer learning program is back for 2021 - track your activities for a chance to win cool prizes!
Get Reading Online!
- Overdrive (Libby) is a terrific resource for finding best sellers, classics, and more, for all ages. Overdrive also has titles in many languages such as French, Chinese and Arabic. The app for Overdrive is called Libby and is available for free from most app stores.
- TumbleBook Library offers animated, read-along picture books, and read-along chapter books for kids from preschool to middle-years.
- BookFlix takes nonfiction children’s books and pairs them with fun, animated picture books.
- TeenBookCloud has eBooks, eAudiobooks, and enhanced eBooks, which are read-along eBooks. It also has an AP English section.
- Hoopla has eBooks and eAudiobooks for all ages, but its real standout is that it offers comics and graphic novels from major publishers like DC, Marvel, Image and Dark Horse.
We know books. Let us help you find your next great read!
- Books4Me: Answer a few quick questions about your reading preferences and we'll send you an email with a personalized list of books.
- Check It Out: Fill out our Check It Out request form to have a customized bag of books ready to sign out at your next library visit.
Online Reading - en Français!
- TumbleBook Library has French eBooks and read-along stories. Read-along eBooks highlight the text while it is read aloud, so children not only see the French words, they hear the proper pronunciation.
- Universalis Jr and Universalis are French encyclopedias from Encyclopedia Britannica. These are great resources for nonfiction reading and research.
- Brainfuse is our online homework help resource. It has live homework help, in French, from 3pm to midnight.
- In hoopla, if you search “French” and limit the results to French language, you will see all the books, movies and television shows available.
- Overdrive (Libby) is a great place to find eBooks, eAudiobooks and digital magazines. If you use the advanced search, you can limit by language to find the materials available in French.
Looking for an eBook to assign to your class?
We have several services that allow for simultaneous usage, which means that an unlimited amount of people can sign the title out at the same time.
Browse our online libraries to see if there is at title that is suitable for your class. TumbleBook Library, TeenBookCloud, or Hoopla. There is also a collection of classics in Overdrive (Libby). You can find these by keyword searching “Duke Classics”.