At Regina Public Library we know how much you love books, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to discover your next great read. Below you will find a list of our library services and our digital resources designed to support the reader in you or your family.
- Books4Me: Let us help you find your next great read with our Books4Me service. Answer a few quick questions about your reading preferences and we’ll send you an email with a personalized list of books.
- Check It Out: Check It Out bags are a quick and easy way to get a great selection of books, magazines and movies without having to do the in-person browsing yourself or place holds on individual items. We package them for you, so you don’t have to spend time searching for what you want!
- Book Club in a Bag: Available to Regina residents only, our Book Club in a Bag service provides you with everything you need for a fun and stress-free Book Club meeting, packaged together in one easy-to-use kit.
- Recommended Lists: Reading suggestions curated by staff.
For more ideas on what to read next, check out our Books, Ebooks and eAudiobooks pages.
Take the library with you wherever you go and get 24/7 access to digital titles to read on your favorite device. When your item is due, titles automatically expire so never worry about late fees again!
- Libby: Borrow ebooks, eaudiobooks, and digital magazines. Content for all ages, including picture books. Accessibility features: adjust the size of text or choose Open Dyslexic font.
- Hoopla: A limit of 10 checkouts per month, but no holds or waiting. Content for all ages. Largest digital collection of comics / graphic novels.
- Tumblebook Library: Access animated, talking picture books, read-along chapter books, and eBooks and graphic novels for children.
To find out more about Regina Public Library’s Accessible collections or to register as a customer with a print disability, please contact your local Branch or Outreach Services.
- CELA (Centre for Equitable Library Access): Library customers with print disabilities can access titles for all ages in audio, e-text and braille.
- NNELS (National Network for Equitable Library Services): access thousands of downloadable audiobooks exclusively for customers with a visual impairment or print disability. Download the audio files to your computer, or transfer them to your Victor Stream or digital device.
Reviews and Research:
- Novelist Plus: a trusted source of expert read-alike recommendations. Use a favourite author or title to locate similar authors and titles of interest - or find books by subject, plot, themes, characters and so much more. Novelist K-8: All the same great features of Novelist Plus for children and teens.
- Literature Resource Center: Biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of more than 135,000 authors from every age and literary discipline.
- Contemporary Authors: Biographical information on more than 149,000 modern authors.