RPL Volunteer Programs
Your opportunity to help create a stronger community
Teen Volunteer Programs
If you're a high school student who's interested in working with children (and having fun), RPL can help you get started. Join our Reading Buddies, French Reading Buddies, Math Buddies or Maker Buddies Programs. You'll be paired with a "Little Buddy"(grade 1-3) to practice reading, do math problems or to do science and technology activities.
Interested in working with older adults? Volunteer for Tech Buddies and teach someone how to use a smartphone, tablet and more!
The Teen Volunteer Programs are offered at branches across the city. We'll help you find the best fit for you!
*Please note: This volunteer opportunity is for High School students.
If you love meeting new people, consider tutoring! You don't have to be a teacher to be a tutor. If you have two hours a week and a desire to help others, our Literacy staff would be happy to hear from you. We'd like your help with:
- Literacy Skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Basic financial literacy, and
- Adult literacy for employment
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent
- Two letters of reference
- Criminal record check
- Complete a volunteer tutor training course (provided by RPL)
- Be willing to commit to at least three months
Help Grade 4 to 12 and GED students with homework, and support student success! Subjects include:
- Math and Science
- English Language Arts
- Social Sciences
- University degree or equivalent
- Criminal Record Check
- Once a week, 1.5 hours each session
- The program runs from mid-September to mid-June
Share your job hunting and career development skills! We're looking for volunteers to provide one-on-one consultations on the following subjects:
- Job searching skills
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview preparation, and
- Career-specific questions
- Fluent in English (including good knowledge of English grammar and spelling)
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Saskatchewan employment trends and resources
- More than 3 years full-time work experience in the same career field (e.g. retail, HR, hospitality, finance, IT, etc.)
- Resume, including education background and employment history
- Criminal record check
Help our community members become multilingual! We are looking for French speaking volunteers who can help beginner to advanced level communication groups.
- Completed at least grade 10 or equivalent level of education in French
- Time Commitment: 1.5 hours, once a week
- Criminal Record check
Interested in volunteering?
For general inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out the form below or submit a printable form.
Please note all fields are required(*)