Volunteer at RPL
Looking for a life-changing experience? Volunteer roles at the library provide an opportunity for you to share your skills and knowledge! Many of our volunteer based programs are currently taking place online using Zoom. We are staying up to date with evolving provincial guidelines regarding physical distancing to ensure that we keep everyone safe. Please connect with us for more information or submit an application form below.
If you have one to two hours per week and a desire to help others, we’d love to hear from you. We could use your help with:
- Literacy Skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Basic financial literacy
- Adult literacy for employment
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent
- Two letters of reference
- Criminal Record Check
- Complete our tutoring training program (after registration).
- Be willing to commit to at least three months.
VIRTUAL ONE-TO-ONE RESUME AND JOB COACHING
Share your job hunting and career development skills! We are looking for volunteers to provide one-to-one consultations virtually, on the following subjects:
- Job searching skills (for teens and adults)
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview preparation
- Career-specific questions
- Fluent in English (including good knowledge of English grammar and spelling)
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Saskatchewan employment trends and resources
- Human resources professional and experience working in this field (strong asset)
- Completion of post-secondary education
- References and Criminal Records Check
- Weekly availability on Tuesdays (3:30 – 5:15pm or 7:00-8:45pm)
- Access to personal internet and electronic device
Interested in volunteering?
Click here to sign up!
For general inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org